BOAT SHED RENTAL
The boat shed is located at 2160 South Shore Drive. To
view sketches of building location, power and water outlets, and doors,
· If using invitations you may want to use the name “Eldean
Shipyard Boat Shed”. A map is available so that you may reproduce
it and include it with your invitations.
· The boat shed is a very large facility and we
would not recommend it for less than 100 people. The shed will hold up
to 500 people. An approximate SCALE
DRAWING of the shed is available to help in your planning.
This shows where the electrical outlets and water are available throughout
the building. Some boats are usually left in the building for events.
These boats act as a room divider to allow the perfect amount of space
for groups of any size. Also note the location of the entry door and large
· The building rental is $1500 + tax, and $25 per hour for the length of the party.
· The rental includes use of our "scissors"
lift and a lift operator for 2 hours. This lift allows you to reach the
ceiling for lighting and decorations. Additional lift time may be rented
· You will also be responsible for hiring one
party attendant from Eldean Shipyard. The attendant will supervise Parking,
check bathrooms for paper products and cleanliness, lock up at night,
offer assistance when needed, and make sure Eldean Shipyard Policies are
being followed. If needed, additional attendants may be hired through
Eldean Shipyard or provided by the Party Group.
· Eldean Shipyard has some tables and padded folding chairs available for rent
· A $500 deposit is due at the time the date is
secured. We will not hold a date without a deposit. The balance of the
rental fee is due 3 weeks prior to the scheduled date. If the event is
cancelled less than 60 days before the event the deposit will not be refunded.
· The building will be swept and cleaned 2 days before
the scheduled event – i.e. the building will be ready Thursday morning
for a Saturday event. You may set-up from 8:00am to 9:00pm. You will
need to notify your Eldean Shipyard contact of your exact plans so the
building is open and the alarm system deactivated. During set-up, there
will not be a staff person to assist you, unless you arrange for someone
in advance. It is important that you get all your questions answered with
your Eldean Shipyard contact.
· A Shipyard Employee will be assigned to your party to
supervise Parking, check bathrooms for paper products and cleanliness,
offer assistance when needed, make sure Eldean Shipyard Policies are being
followed, and lock up at night. They will remain on premises and checking
in with you hourly beginning one hour before the scheduled event.
· The building should be left in the same shape as you
received it, including: the floor swept, garbage removed to dumpsters
and your property and rented property removed. This should be completed
by 5:00pm the day following the event.
· Due to neighbors, our quiet hours begin at 11pm, so any loud music will need to conclude by 11pm. The event should end withall guests leaving by midnight.
Doors will be locked by 12:30, no exceptions.
· If liquor is served at a non-charity event it must be
FREE to guests. That means NO CASH BARS for the event. No license is needed.
· If the liquor is sold at a charity event a
24-hour liquor license must be purchased through the Ottawa County Sheriffs
· If the liquor is provided free of charge to guests the
party host must provide a certificate of insurance that the host homeowner’s
policy will cover any liability.
· In the case of charitable events they can purchase a 1 or 2
day liquor liability package from most insurance companies. Eldean Shipyard
will require this certificate of insurance.
· There are 2 bathrooms, one for the women and one for
the men. Each of them has only one stall. During the course of a party,
especially with alcohol, guest will be using the facilities 2 to 4 times.
We strongly recommend the use of porta potties. JONS TO GO (616) 393-0270
and Bosch’s Septic Tank Cleaning (616) 392-2880 are a few you might
· The Eldean Shipyard Party Attendant will try
to monitor the cleanliness of the bathroom every 30 minutes. The Eldean
Shipyard employee will show you where additional toilet paper and paper
towels are kept so you to can make sure ample supplies are available.
As the evening goes on, bathrooms become messy quickly.
PARKING and PARKING ATTENDANTS
· The Eldean Shipyard Attendant will supervise Parking.
Please have 1 to 3 people available to direct car parking when your guests
arrive. The first shed to fill is the large shed directly next to the
boat shed. The garage should be filled from the back to the front. Parking
outside the shed on the south side is ok. Additional parking is available.
This will help maximize your parking space and also it will help to insure
that the Piper and the Marina still have spaces available for them.
· There are several excellent catering groups in this
oThe Piper restaurant is located across the street and can cater and coordinate
your entire event. The food and service is fantastic!
o Other catering providers include Perredies, Til Midnight, and Creative
Dining at Hope College. Creative Dining provides china, glassware, silverware,
table linens and some decorations.
· Remember to clarify:
o No refrigeration
o No ice
o Water connections are located along the wall.
TABLE/CHAIR RENTAL & RENTAL COMPANIES.
· Eldean Shipyard has PADDED Folding C
for rental at $1.50 per Chair.
· Eldean Shipard has the following Tables Available for rent:
||60 inch/5 feet tables Round
||6 foot Rectangle
||8 foot Rectangle
||36 inch round high top
· Taylor Rental and Grand Rental have similar prices.
· Remember to ask about set-up costs, i.e. each
chair may be $.90 but the set-up fee per chair might be an additional
· Rentals may add $1,000 - $3,000.
· Jonkers Garden and Landscape Design may rent
· Have a cell phone available.
· There are no public phones.
· Fluorescent lights light the boat shed. They cannot
be dimmed. We suggest using White Christmas lights (string lights) for
· Note what time the sun will set on the day of
· You can rent lampposts and use string lighting.
·Open Flame Candels are not allowed
· If you need something suspended from the ceiling you
have to hire us to do that for you.
· If you want the boats moved we will also do
that for a fee.
· You may use balloons.
· You may throw rice, birdseed etc.
· Please talk to your Eldean Shipyard contact
if you have further questions. There is the potential for any party to
be a memorable success!
· There is NO SMOKING inside any building. There is NO
SMOKING outside if you are within 25 feet from any Door or Window. This
is an Ottawa County Regulation. Click
Here for more info on the smoking policy.
-Click here for the Rental Policy and Agreement